Monday, July 21, 2008

Dori likes us

Remember Dori who lives in Iowa(?) - the one who stopped by a few Mondays ago to rehearse with us?
I found her blog because I Google subscribe to "Minnesota Mandolin" and this popped up:

[partial] Then we went to Minnesota...saw my in-laws, my college roommate and her family, my family, did some fishing, did some relaxing, spent a couple days in the Twin Cities...but for me the highlight of the trip was sitting in with the Minnesota
Mandolin Orchestra! Wow! I knew I'd enjoy myself, but I had no idea how much.
The people were great...it was like walking into a Toastmasters meeting.
Everyone came over and greeted me. And then when we started playing...I got
goosebumps! I SO wish we had a mandolin orchestra here. I was almost ready to
move back to the Twin Cities that night.

For the full post, go here: http://dorihbutler.livejournal.com/

2 comments:

Lon Hendricks said...

Anne, thank you for posting this. I didn't get a chance to talk to Dori after the rehearsal, and I was wondering what she thought about it. And thanks to everyone who talked to Dori and made her feel welcome.

Dotty said...

That is cool Anne! Thanks for sharing.

(Note to self ... no one is safe from Anne's surfing...be sure to get a really good pseudonym!)