Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Broken Bowl on display

I am excited because last night in the mail I got a notice that an attempt was made to deliver a package from Canada - no doubt my "new" mandolin. So I hope to pick it up tonight at the post office. I know it won't be playable, but donating to a cause seemed like a good reason to get another mandolin! I was thinking of displaying it at our performances next to Ronda's sign. Does anyone have a mandolin stand they can bring the next 3 weeks? The only one I have is a 3-instrument stand. BTW, do the mandolas want me to bring that so they can have one stand instead of multiple?

3 comments:

Lon Hendricks said...

I have a few stands. I'll try to remember to take one to Edina.

Anne said...

I am bringing a 3-instrument stand that can be used by the mandolas if they want. Jean M. e-mailed me and offered a stand to display my "new" Broken Bowl. Are we sure we want to display a mandolin without strings? It's cool looking, but not playable! Yet!

Anne said...

Thanks to Jean for letting me borrow her stand. The mandolin was too big for it, though. Jean, I have it and will bring it next Monday. My 3-instrument stand didn't work, either. It's too tall, I guess cuz it's for guitars. I probably won't bring my new "broken bowl" again unless someone thinks of a better way to display it.