Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Recommended Local Luthiers?

I know some of you have had Kevin Schwab at Hoffman Guitars work on your mandos, so this is no surprise, but in case others are looking for a good luthier, I highly recommend Kevin. A few years back he dressed my frets and installed a Brekke bridge. This week I had him dress my frets again and set up the mando for the heavier J-75 strings I've been using. In both instances he has done a great job and I highly recommend his work - he isn't the cheapest but if you paid big bucks for your mando, you don't want some hack working on it. Another thing, he promised me the job would be done in one week but he finished it in two days!

I had Marty at the Podium install a pickup in my ax and he does good work too. I don't have any other experience with him though. Anyone else had good experience with a local luthier?

No comments: