Thursday, July 21, 2011

Notes from Northfield

We played a good program in Northfield Wednesday. The audience really enjoyed the music. I enjoyed it, too. Of course, things are never perfect. I made some notes about things we could improve.

Off to Minnesota: Needs more plectrum precision. It sounded like the different parts were striking the notes at slightly different times.

Romanian: We're still having a rhythm problem with the dotted quarter G tied to a sixteenth note, found in measures 29, 61, 93, 97, and 101. The rhythm improved as the tune progressed.

Nail that Catfish: Same issue as Off to Minnesota.

Earth Song: Mandola rhythm is not quite right in measures 46-49.

Ashokan Farewell: I heard a few rhythmic errors between F and H.

Fuga: Remarkably good, considering the poor conducting. The problems were my fault, because I lost my place. That won't happen next time.

1 comment:

Mando Annie said...

The photographer last night gave me a piece of paper that said

"We took pictures today! To look at the photos, 'Like' Northfield Public Schools Community Services on Facebook."

I checked about an hour ago, and they're not up yet.